All participants on all routes will get a ‘chip’ in their registration packet. Everyone will receive a split time for the entire course that they ride and for the climb up Mill Mountain to the finish line (if you choose to ride up!). Medio Fondo riders will also receive a split time for Cahas Mtn.
The Gran Fondo features a third timed segment on the gravel climb of Adney Gap. All the details of the segments can be found below.
The KOM/QOM competition is only for riders who complete the Gran Fondo. Prizes will be awarded to men and women in 10 year age brackets (<20, 20 – 29, 30 – 39, 40 – 49, and 50+). Stay tuned to our Facebook page for information about the prizes.
Here are some additional rules that apply to the KOM/QOM competition:
- The rider must complete the entire Gran Fondo course and arrive at the finish no later than 1:30pm (that is 6.5 hrs ride time, ~15mph pace).
- The rider’s “time” will be the cumulative time through all three timed segments, the lowest cumulative time will be declared the winner, in the event of a tie, the fastest time on the Mill Mountain segment will be used to break the tie.
- The rider must abide by all rules set forth by the event and by USAC (see Chapter 10 of USAC rule book, http://www.usacycling.org/usa-cycling-rule-book.htm).
- The rider must attend the awards ceremony at the start/finish area (~3:00pm).
- The rider must be an amateur, that is, the rider cannot hold a USPRO or international professional license. The Race Director has discretion to determine who is an amateur. You can request a ruling from the Race Director by sending an email to starcitygranfondo [at] gmail.com.
- The location of the chip timing equipment (conspicuously marked) will determine the start and finish of each segment. Strava segments and ridewithgps.com information are provided for guidance only and do not constitute actual start and end points.