Thank you for your interest in the Star City Gran Fondo presented by Business Solutions, Inc. Proceeds from the event will benefit non-profit organizations that serve the youth of the Roanoke Valley. Find more details here.
For 2017, the climb of Mill Mountain at the end of each ride is optional. For those up to the challenge, another 6 miles and ~800ft of climbing awaits. If you’ve had enough when you get to town we will be waiting at the finish with complimentary food and drink. You don’t have to decide ahead of time if you will ride Mill Mountain. Let your legs make the decision when the time comes.
Benefits of registration include:
– Chip timing: 3 segments on Gran Fondo, 2 on Medio, and 1 on Piccolo (if you ascend Mill Mountain!
– A chance to win a pair of Boyd Alamont Lite wheels (a $750 value!) – The wheelset will be a randomly drawn raffle among the first 150 registered riders
– Complimentary food and drink at the finish line
– Fully stocked aid stations with water, energy drinks, granola bars, PBJs, bananas, cookies, and lots more! (Sorry, no aid station on the Piccolo route, see us at the finish for food and drink)
– Police escorted departure from City of Roanoke (only for 8:00am start time)
– A well-marked route: We will use RouteArrows again this year to mark the course
– Excellent (and affordable!) training plans from our partner Peaks Coaching Group, find the plans here
– Premium finisher’s award
– 10-year age bracket KOM/QOM competition for Gran Fondo riders (<20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-50, and 50+)
– Technical support the morning of the ride (for last minute tune-ups/repairs)
– Free on-site parking
See more details at www.starcitygranfondo.com
Sign-up now at BikeReg.com/StarCityGranFondo
Find us on Instagram @starcitygranfondo and on Twitter @starcitygranfon